Thursday, December 5, 2013

Paperback cover


Paperback cover for Dying for a Living

I'm super excited about this cover. John K. Addis is making changes to the colors, however, because the proofs we received turned out to be a little darker than expected. And that weird little square by my picture is for the barcode.

It was so much fun working with John, and all for the price of a couple of bottles of booze and some Chinese food! How lucky am I to know so many talented, creative people?

I am a little worried because now the printed-page count has breached 400, which makes for a thick book, even though the novel is just a little over 80,000 words. And the sequel is 100,000 words! YIKES!


So what does everyone think? Eye-catching? Intriguing? Aren't you wondering what is going on with the bird and the tunnel? Are you feeling the urge to read it and find out?

Please share your thoughts. :)

Kory

2 comments:

  1. I'm obviously super late to the game here, but I like it: the colors, the font. Congrats! It's beautiful. I've also enjoyed your How I Got My Agent series so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're never too late, Laura! I am pleased with how the cover turned out too. :) So glad you like it. And I hope you find the How I Got My Agent series super helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete