Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy #Zombie Jesse Day!

As most of you know this is Easter weekend, AKA Zombie Jesus Day. Because my protagonist is named Jesse and also a zombie--eh--Necronite, I thought we could celebrate with free books all weekend in honor of Happy Zombie Jesse day! So the kindle version of Jesse's book will be free until 11:59PM, Sunday, April 20.

For those of you who are interested, here is the synopsis:

On the morning before her 67th death, it is business as usual for Jesse Sullivan: meet with the mortician, counsel soon-to-be-dead clients, and have coffee while reading the latest regeneration theory. Jesse dies for a living, literally. As a Necronite, she is one of the population’s rare 2% who can serve as a death replacement agent, dying so others don’t have to. Although each death is different, the result is the same: a life is saved, and Jesse resurrects days later with sore muscles, new scars, and another hole in her memory. 

But when Jesse is murdered and becomes the sole suspect in a federal investigation, more than her freedom and sanity are at stake. She must catch the killer herself—or die trying.


And for those of you who've already bought the book, I am pretty sure you can gift copies to all your friends and family, which I totally encourage you to do! I'm all about sharing the love! :)

You can get your free book here. And as always thank you for your support! 


Have a grave weekend! 
heh.

Kory

6 comments:

  1. I saw what you did there at the end hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe. Thank you for the acknowledgment! :) Not all was in vain! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for making this available to us. I enjoyed reading it and I look forward to the sequel. I'm hoping you'll further explore the impact necronites have had upon society, such as economy -- what happens if a billionaire CEO dies and then resurrects a few days later? Or a famous celebrity? In a world where death is now confirmed to no longer be permanent, what new meanings does life take on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Sanmei! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the book, and hope you'll consider leaving a review, though I understand it takes up some of your time!

    And yes, I do intend to explore the world more fully in subsequent books. Hang in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kory, I just finished 'Dying for a Living' and wanted to say what a pleasure it was to read such an interesting and entertaining tale. I love your universe, and the Necronite idea is just terrific and fresh! Looking forward to buying book 2, when it's available. ps I'm glad you saved Lane :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you for showing me the love :) Book 2 should be out no later than September. And I'm glad I saved Lane too :)

      Delete