Monday, January 5, 2015

#Mondayblogs: 2015 Resolutions for this #author #amwriting #thewritinglife

I'm aiming for a little accountability here. You see, I have performance issues. If I tell you guys I'm going to do something, then I MUST. I'm trying to use the fact that I'm a bit of a show off to my advantage here. Work with me.

I have altruistic resolutions for the year: be a better partner, take better care of myself, give more and all that...but here I want to focus specifically for my writing/publishing goals for 2015:

In no particular order:

Publish Dying for Her: Brinkley's Story  (Book 3 of the Jesse Sullivan series)
Publish Untitled Book 4 of the Jesse Sullivan series
Produce corresponding audiobooks of all available titles
Publish Badass and the Beast anthology with the fabulous +Angela Roquet
Pursue possibility of adapting Jesse Sullivan series into graphic novels--
                 launch possible Kickstarter
Submit YA novel (tentatively titled Water & Dark  to ABNA contest--or self-pub)
Write a blog post every MWF for the whole year, totaling about 150 posts (*snort*)

Bonus round--release box set of all Jesse books and possible 5th title! 

I have only one concern that may interfere with these big goals:


(sorry about the darkness and the horrible smacking my lips habit; Clearly I sit in the dark with a dry as *&^% mouth and lament about #firstworldproblems #whoisahotmess)

Hehhhh. Yes. So crazy ridiculous or not, these are my goals for 2015. What do you guys think? And better yet, what are your goals?

4 comments:

  1. Kory, life was meant to be lived OFF the internet. Go outside and get a REAL dragon. You'll feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God...Mikel...point me in the direction of a real dragon and I AM SO THERE.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I found your blog post through #Mondayblogs. I am glad you can admit you have a problem and are working to solve said problem. Oh and I have to do this type of blog post for my writing career. It'll help me keep focus on my goals.
    Chris
    chrisifill.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris! Yes, definitely! :) By telling everyone is kind of puts the pressure of accountability out there ;) I wish you luck with your writing career! :)

      Delete