Thursday, May 28, 2015

Have You Seen The Indie Author Manifesto? #amwriting #IndiesBeSeen

Have you seen this?


You may also want to read the full blog post about the Indie Author Manifesto, found here.


I'm sharing it here to get your thoughts on the manifesto. Is there anything you would add to it? Take away from it? Or elaborate on? Do you think it is important to have a manifesto when approaching goals in life? What purpose might a manifesto (either this one, or one of your own creation) serve you as an indie writer?

These are just thoughts and I'd love to hear yours. :)

4 comments:

  1. I guess I find a lot of these statements either to be paraphrases of "I'll be a decent human being" or "I'm a worthy person."

    I have no problem with them being written down and kept as reminders. I know enough authors who go through enormous bouts of "This book is shit, I'm a shit author" and so on, that I suspect it's incredibly useful. I guess I'm just cautious that it might become a straightjacket instead of a set of reminders.

    But that's my prejudices and experiences speaking. I'm not an author except of fanfic. If you think they're useful for you, in this form or a slightly amended form, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, guys! I appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete