Friday, June 26, 2015

I'm Getting Married! #Lovewins

I'm thrilled to hear the fantastic news that I can now legally get married whenever I want. And while my partner (of five years) and I agree that we do want to get married, we are not yet sure when exactly that will be. Soon sure (probably engaged within the year), but right now, we can't help but feel a little bit like  Key in this funny, but legit Key and Peele skit:

Key and Peele-Gay Marriage Legalized

On one side we are absolutely caught up in the infectious celebration of this monumental day. On the other side, we are not prepared for a wedding at all. My love even said verbatim "there are many hidden costs to a wedding"...and I agree that if we are going to get married, it will be a once in a lifetime event. Might as well do it in high style!

Let the saving begin. :)


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are all very happy for you both here in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Financially speaking, the next few years will be a great time to be in the marriage industry! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations ... it's very exciting

    ReplyDelete