Wednesday, July 8, 2015

But What About the Gay Ducks?! #NSFW

Any fool with an internet connection can see that not everyone is happy about the Supreme Court's decision to grant marriage equality.

The majority of opponents are religious and use their religious precepts to justify their condemnation of marriage equality.

While I could say MANY things to this, about how the constitution was not created to align with Christianity, that in fact separation of Church and State was mandated and enforced until the early 18th century where an overreaction to secularism began to blur the lines, culminating in the act of "In God We Trust" (a Christian ideal) being placed on American coin (a State currency) in 1956--for those of you not so great at math, that's 169 years since the constitution's creation in 1787.

But I don't want to talk about how this wasn't a "Christian nation" until very recently. In fact, I have only ONE question for the Christians who oppose homosexuality:

What about the gay ducks?

WHAT ABOUT THE GAY DUCKS?

Or in this case, penguins.

With homosexuality present in over 1500 species, (homosexuality defined as: "sexual activitycourtshipaffectionpair bonding, and parenting among same-sex animal pairs") I have to ask about the gay ducks!
If a Christian believes that God made the world, they must also believe that God made gay ducks!

gay ducks...


...and gay lions...
and gay elephants... ALL THE GAY


And I must ask WHY? Why did God make gay ducks? It isn't that He expects them to repent their gay ways and accept Jesus into their heart, right? Because as far as I know, no duck on Earth has the mental capacity to "accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior".

Jesus: "It's okay little gay lamb, I still love you."
Lamb: "But I've been baaaaaaaad."


SO WHY ALL THE GAY?


I couldn't find this answer, but I did find a charming article against the "naturalness" of gay on Conservapedia. While it doesn't tell me why God made gay ducks, it says that proof of cannibalism and rape are also present in the animal kingdom, and therefore, just because animals do something, it doesn't mean it's natural or right.

Fair enough. And to that I say there is a clear difference between loving actions and evil ones. It is unlikely that someone is going to knife me and I'll be confused about their intentions. And if you can't tell the difference between rape and a woman who wants to have sex then I'd ask what patriachial values you've been brainwashed with.

Furthermore, again, while I got nothing on the gay ducks and probably never will, Jesus DID say this:

Romans 13:9 The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not covet," and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."
Gay marriage is not adultery, murder, or theft. And your job as a good christian is to love me no matter what I do.

Be happy for my rights as you are happy for your own.
Celebrate my marriage--an act of love--as you would celebrate your own marriage because love is love.

If you feel anything but love and faith in the face of the Supreme Court ruling, then you're not doing it right. If you're worried about "where this country is going", you're demonstrating a lack of faith in your God. Don't you think he has a plan? Don't you think he is in control?

And if you're wondering why more people don't accept Christ and come to the Church, look at yourself first. It isn't the message of God that's the problem. It's the messengers.



I could make a beautiful segue into the other Supreme Court decision and talk about how unchristian to deny healthcare to everyone when Jesus specifically said totake care of the ill----but I think I'll just stop here for today.

And don't bother leaving asinine comment below. I will delete you unread.

HOWEVER, if you have a theory about gay ducks, PLEASE, type away...

2 comments:

  1. Haven't got a problem with anything you said...except one thing and it applies to everyone in God's eyes. Sex outside of the sanctity of marriage is considered adultery...not that I abide by it or even care what people do, I'm just pointing that out. When I asked a priest if I could get married in a civil ceremony, and then get married again in the church because it would take over a year otherwise...he told me I could if I didn't mind living in sin as an adulterer. Just saying. Have a good day...all you gay ducks too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the more reason to be pro-gay marriage! Now we can save it for marriage and not commit adultery !

      Delete