Monday, September 14, 2015

#Mondayblogs: #amreading The True American



This semester the college I teach for as chosen The True American by Anand Giridharadas as it's "One Book". One Book, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the concept, is when a school or community (usually the public library) hosts a program for its members where everyone reads the same book. 

As a reader, I always like to know what the book is, even if I do not always participate in the "challenge". So when researching the book, I found this Ted Talk, where the author Giridharadas, gives a passionate and articulate explanation of the book's subject and it's inspiration.

In the video alone, he had my crying by the end. If he writes HALF as well as he speaks, I think I will be blow away. So, needless to say, the book is in my queue . And for those of you, like me, who care a great deal about social justice issues, or have some kind of connection to the horrible events of 9/11, this book might be of interest to you as well.

If you've read it, I can't wait to hear what you think. But no spoilers please! I want to actually read this one for myself ;)

Kory

No comments:

Post a Comment