Wednesday, September 16, 2015

When I'm Not Writing #Writerprobs

The renovations continue!

I can't take as much credit (as with the kitchen) for the project I'm about to show you. I picked out the colors, painted some of the trim and made demands--but most of the hard work goes to my friends on this one. I had several very sweet volunteers (shout out to Abhi, Kim, Kelly and Elizabeth)--especially Adison, who did the most work on making my new office space lovely and inviting.


Here are the results:

This is the customary "before" picture, including the
 previous owners' decor 
I chose a light green called "cloistered garden" for the walls and "nova white" for the trim and bookcases 
The windows and door trim were painted white to match the white hatchwork (or whatever its called) inside the windows. I think the white-brown-white sandwiching is super cute. I haven't decided if I'm going to paint it eventually or keep it wood. At this point, poor Adison was released of her duties and allowed to go home.

I kept on unpacking and organizing until I got this:








And there it is! All the books you'll read from me in the future will be created here in this space. Hope it was worth it :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted to choose a light color because the room is kind of dark, lighting-wise. I couldn't decide between light green and light blue! :)

      Delete
  2. Love the bookshelves around the fireplace! Great room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love the bookcases too. I always wanted built in bookcases :D

      Delete