Thursday, October 8, 2015

#October AtoZ blog challenge: E is for Exorcism #Recipe

Piggy-backing off yesterday's post about demons, comes the inevitable exorcism. I must say, few things frighten me more than the idea of having to perform an exorcism on someone I love. Assuming possessions were possible, it would mean that someone I love was in the clutches of an evil force and if I couldn't free them, they would be lost forever. 

The word exorcism comes from the Greek ἐξορκισμός, exorkismos which means "binding by oath" and you can find beliefs regarding demons and the necessity of exorcism in all major religions, though Christian exorcisms are likely the most popular/well known, in America at least.

Famous people who have been on the receiving end (allegedly) of an exorcism include the artist Salvador Dali, Mother Teresa, and a boy named  Robbie Mannheim, who became the inspiration for the popular film The Exorcist.


And while I personally hope demon exorcisms are a thing of fiction, should I feel I might need one, I'll make this cocktail while waiting for John Constantine or the Winchesters to arrive.

Exorcist Cocktail Recipe


The measurements are per serving:

1 1/2 oz tequila
3/4 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
3/4 oz lime juice


Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Strain into a cocktail glass, and serve.


Read more: Exorcist Cocktail recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink9138.html#ixzz3noWQ3yH6

1 comment: