Secrets of Adulthood—or Things To Remember
Again, here I am talking about Rubin and the Happiness Project. She introduced a concept called “Secrets of Adulthood”. They are observations to live by. Here are mine:
· What you do every day is more important than what you do once in a while
· Anger grows only when you feed it
· The best time to start is now
· Exercise. You’ll be glad you did
· If you can breathe, you’re okay
· You can’t change someone. Change yourself
· Don’t complain or nag. Get them involved
· Eat right. You’ll feel better
· Don’t know where to start? Start by making a list!
· There is no such things as “all or nothing”
· The couch makes you tired
· Too much sugar makes you sad
· Reading makes you smart. Gratitude gives you perspective. Journaling gives you peace. Practice all three every day.
· Delaying a nagging task only increases your anxiety over it. The more it upsets you, the sooner you should get it over with.
· It doesn’t matter how I look. It matters how I make people feel.
· It is more important to listen than to talk
What’s your secrets of adulthood?