Thursday, May 5, 2016

#Book #Review: The Eyre Affair





3 out of 5 stars
This is a good book but I came across it at a bad time (I'm still suffering from a hellacious book hangover). So basically, it's like how after a bad breakup, you reluctantly agree to start dating again. And the first guy/girl you have coffee with is quite lovely: smart, charming, cultured, intelligent, witty, clever, and well-put together. Yet you just can't appreciate this person or the time you spent together because you're still obsessing over the last *#^% you broke up with.

They tell you a perfectly timed joke that also somehow serves as the most flattering compliment you've received in ages, and yet all you're thinking is "I wonder what ______is doing right now..."

That was this book for me. Well written, lovely and charming. I recognize this, but no sparks flew.

No comments:

Post a Comment